Sunday, March 2, 2008

Peanuts Powder / Pallila Podi


We never used to eat powders along with rice. I told the same to Sunitha. But she had given this ‘Peanuts Powder’ forcibly and told us to taste it. It was really very good. I asked her the recipe and made it myself. It came out good.

With this I am going to open one more new Category called “Powders”.

Still now I have learnt Sorrakaya Chekkalu, Mint Rice, Avocado Chapathi, Avocado Milk Shake, Corn Chaat, and this Pallila Powder from Sunitha.

The mouth watering Andhra Pickle ... "Mango Pickle" is coming soon in my blog. Even this is from Sunitha.

I should Thank Sunitha for telling the recipes patiently to me.

Learnt From: My friend Sunitha.

Ingredients:

Ground Nuts / Peanuts / Pallilu --- 1 Cup (240 ml)
Split Dal (Veeyinchina Senagapappu) --- 1 tblsn (20 ml)
Cumin Seeds / Jeera --- 1 tsp
Garlic --- 2 cloves
Red Chilly Powder --- 1 tsp full
Salt --- 1 tsp full

Process:

Dry Roast a cup of peanuts in a pan.


Let them cool.
Remove the skin of peanuts by rubbing them in arms.

Note: Make sure that the blender is completely dry. Being we are going to prepare powder … if any wetness is there lumps will form and the powder sticks to the blender and wont let that grind properly.

Add these peanuts, 2 tblsn of split dal, a tsp of cumin seeds, 2 garlic cloves, a tsp of red chilly powder and a tsp of salt to a blender.


Blend it to a fine powder.


Sieve it.


Store it in a dry and air tight container.


Mix it with rice and ghee and have it.
Tastes Great… !!! I love it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sailaja,

    I've blogged your Podi as a model recipe in the 1001 South Indian curry cookbook at
    http://ramkicooks.blogspot.com

    /Thanks for the detailed recipe

    Ramki

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts