Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sorrakaya Chekkalu

Short Story of this Snack:

Here we had a Potlatch in Mr.Ramesh's House (Colleague of my Husband). There we had four families along with us. There I have tasted this one. I felt good and want to try myself. So, I asked Mrs.Sunitha Ramesh how to make this. She told me the recipe then I prepare. This will be good when it is hot.

Learnt from:

Learnt from my friend Mrs.Sunitha Ramesh.

Ingredients:

Bottle gourd or Sorrakaya
Rice Flour
Green chilly paste
Ginger paste
Soaked channa dal
Chopped coriander leaves
Salt
Oil

Process:

Peel the skin of bottle gourd.
Remove the middle tender part.
Take the hard one and grate it.


Add as much as rice flour it takes to make a dough.
Add green chilly paste and ginger paste.
Add soaked channa dal and chopped coriander leaves.
Add enough salt.
Make a knead dough.


Heat 3/4th of oil in a deep pan.
In the mean while make small round balls from the dough.
Apply oil with bare hand on a plastic paper.
Keep the round balls on the plastic paper and press them to a flat round shape.
Keep them aside.
When the oil is heat.
Deep fry them.
Serve hot.
Sorry... forgot to take a photo after finishing... We just finished them immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts