Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Avocado Milk Shake


Health point of view:


Avocados!!! These have been listed as one of the healthiest foods in the world, they are a good source of beneficial fats, vitamins and minerals.

  • Avocados are high in monosaturated fat.
  • They are low in saturated fat.
  • Avocados have no cholesterol and sodium.
  • Avocado is a good source of dietary fiber and potassium.
  • Avocados are excellent source of Vitamin E.
  • Beat-sitosterol a phytosterol found in Avocado helps lower blood cholesterol levels.
Sending this for Cool Desserts Event to Mythreyee


Recipe Source:

One of my friends Sunitha. I should thank her very much for telling about a great thing. She thought me Avocado chapathi and this milk shake. She also told me tht have the flesh of the avocado by mixing with sugar.

Serves: Of this size 3 glasses


Ingredients:

Avocado --- 1 medium size

Milk --- 2 cups

Sugar --- 3 tblsn (adjust)

Note:

If you want to add more milk you can add and make the milk shake thin and adjust sugar accordingly. But I like my 'Avocado Milkshake' when it is thick in consistency.

Process:

Cut the Avocado into half.


Remove the seed in middle.

Take the flesh with a spoon.

Trash the skin of Avocado and the seed.


Chop the flesh into pieces or mash the flesh. Either is fine.

Add this avocado to the blender.


Add ½ cup of milk. Blend it to a smooth paste.


Add the rest of the milk (1 ½ cup) and 2 tblsn of sugar.

Blend it nicely. Avocado milk-shake is ready.


Refrigerate it.

Have it.


Creamy … Yummy … :)

13 comments:

  1. Hey.. I tried this yummy juice.. Its wonderful.. Thank u dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey i tried this recipe as well and i liked the taste very much. Thank you for introducing me to a new fruit and a new drink as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charu,
    Thank you for trying and commenting my blog. I should thank Sunitha who made me know about this fruit and milk-shake. She also told me about Avocado Paratha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello sailu

    ur drink looks great....ive been a recent member of foodie blogroll...so thought of introducing myself......check out my blog at......
    http://raajis-kitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a healthy and yummy milk shake. Thank you for your entry to cool desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what is avocado in telugu or hindi?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is not available in Andhra. But in Banglore it is available. There they call it as "Butter Fruit".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good...I'm going to experiment with some spices....

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love avocado milk shake! perfect post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What do you call Avocado in Telugu?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts