Thursday, August 2, 2007

Peanuts / Pallila Chutney


I like this peanuts chutney with Idly and Dosa. My dad don’t like peanuts chutney… he likes channa chutney with coconut only. Obviously, my mom goes with dad’s preference.

Learnt From:

I came to know this from my friend Kalyani.

Ingredients:

Peanuts (Pallilu) --- 1 cup (rice cooker cup)
Green chilies --- 4-5 small no.’s
Red chilly --- 1 no.
Garlic --- 1 clove
Tamarind --- 5 cloves
Cumin Seeds --- one tea spoon
Coconut (Optional)
Salt as per taste
Oil --- 2 spoons

Process:

Heat two spoons of oil in pan.
Add peanuts.
Wait for a while then add green chilies and red chilly into the pan…and fry till the peanuts turn to light brown.
Turn off the flame.
With that heat left over… fry garlic, tamarind and cumin seeds.
Let them cool.
Add all the fried and salt into the blender if you want add coconut too.
Add 1 cup of water and grind them for some time .
Again add ½ cup of water .
Grind until soft.
Take the chutney into a serving bowl.
If you want you can add seasoning to it.
Mix it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts