Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pazhutha Mango Curry / Ripe Mango Curry


This is Kerala dish. When we went to Babitha’s house for lunch she prepared this dish. I like the taste of the dish.

Generally, we trash the mangoes when they are sweet. But it is really good to make a dish with that mango.

I bought one mango to make mango pulihora. But it was ripped one. So, I asked Babitha how to prepare. She told me the recipe. So, I prepared today.

Learnt From:

I learnt this curry from my friend Babitha.

Cuisine:

Kerala dish.

Ingredients:

Ripe Mango (it should be sweet) --- 1 medium
Water --- 3 cups (1 cup --- 235 ml) (3 cups --- 700 ml approx.)
Turmeric powder --- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml)
Red chilly powder --- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml)
Salt --- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml)
Cumin seeds --- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml)
Coconut
Curd --- 3 Table spoon (45 ml)
Sugar (if needed) (when the mango is not too sweet)

For Seasoning:

Oil --- 1 tsp
Mustard seeds --- ¼ tsp
Fenugreek seeds --- less than ¼ tsp
Dry Red chilly --- 1 (pluck into pieces)
Curry leaves --- 5-6 leaves

Process:

Peel the skin of mango.



Chop them into pieces.


Take a deep pan.
Add chopped mango, water, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and enough salt.


Cover it with lid till the end or else the water will get evoporated.
Stir it up occasionally.


Cook till the mango becomes tender. (till the mango pieces come like gujju).
In the meanwhile, grind coconut, cumin seeds and turmeric powder to a smooth paste. (but I have shredded coconut and cumin seed powder. So, I used directly).
Add the paste to the pan.


Cook for a while.
Add curd to the pan.


Cook it for one boil.
Keep the pan aside.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add and fry mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chilly pieces and curry leaves.
Add the seasoning to the mango pan.


Mix it well.


Take it with rice.

1 comment:

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts