Friday, August 3, 2007

Beetroot Curry


Chopping is big deal to prepare beetroot curry. I cant do it on single hand. I take my husband's help. He chops the beetroot to 4 parts and I chop them into small pieces. Need to find a tip to chop in a easier way.

Learnt From:

I learnt this curry from my friend Kalyani.

Ingredients:

Beetroot

For Seasoning:

Urad dal
Mustard seeds
Cumin seeds
Red chilly
Curry Leaves

Process:

Peel the skin of the Beetroot.
Chop them into small pieces.


Heat 5 spoons of oil in a deep pan.
Add the seasoning one by one like… urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilly and curry leaves.
Add chopped beetroot pieces into the pan.
Add salt and cover it with lid.
Turn the heat to medium low.
Stir it occasionally.
When the beet root cooks well add red chilly powder and mix well.
Keep it for a while.
Turn off the heat.
Transfer the beetroot curry into a serving bowl.



Take it with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts