Recipe Source: Cooking And Me.
Makes: 4 parathas
Ingredients For Stuffing:
• 1 cup of finely grated cauliflower /gobi (Used food chopper)
• ½ cup of very finely chopped onion
• 1 tsp of grated ginger
• 1 tsp of grated garlic
• 1 Tblsn of oil
• 1 tsp of cumin seeds
• A pinch of turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• ½ tsp of red chilly powder
• ½ tsp of garam masala powder
• ½ tsp of amchur powder
Ingredients to Make Chapathi:
1 cup of wheat flour
1/2 of water approximately
a pinch of salt
a pinch of sugar
a pinch of oil
Making Chapathi Dough:
Take a little water in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar to the water. Mix till they get diluted in water. Then add wheat flour to it. Mix gently by adding water little by little till done. Then knead the dough nicely and add a few drops of oil on the top of it and spread the outer part of the dough. Better to set it aside at least for 30 minutes.
Process of making stuffing:
- Heat a table spoon of oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry till they turn golden brown colour.
- Add finely chopped onions and finely grated ginger and garlic or ginger-garlic paste. Fry them till onions turn translucent colour.
- Add finely grated cauliflower into the pan and mix well.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder, enough salt, red chilly powder, garam masala powder and amchur powder and mix well.
- Cover it and cook on medium heat for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle water if needed and stir it up intermittently don’t burn the bottom.
- Keep the stuffing aside.
Process of rolling for parathas:
Make small balls out of chapathi dough. Roll each ball to thick chapathis then place little gobi stuffing on it and bring all the edges to the top of it and close the edges by squeezing and remove the excess chapathi dough. Then press gently and roll like how you roll for puris.
Process of frying:
Fry both sides with little oil.
Have it with any pickle of your wish and curds.