Friday, January 25, 2008

Oats Upma


If you have the habit of taking oats … once you can try Oats Upma. The method of making this upma is as like as normal upmas only. Once check out the measurements.

Learnt From: My Sister-In-Law (Lakshmi)

Serving for: 2 – People.

Ingredients:

Oats --- 1 cup
Water --- 1 ¼ Cup
Green Chilies --- 5 - 6
Salt --- as per taste

For Seasoning:

Oil --- 4 tblsn
Channa dal --- 1 tblsn
Urad dal --- 1 ½ tsp
Mustard seeds --- 1 tsp
Curry Leaves --- a few

Process:

Chop green chilies. Keep them aside.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add and toast seasoning one by one like channa dal, urad dal, mustard seeds.
When the mustard seeds starts spluttering add curry leaves and green chilies to the pan. Stir fry till the green chilies get white spots.


Add water to the pan.
Add enough salt to the water.


When the water boils … add oats to the water.


Stir occasionally till the oats come together.


Turn off the heat. Wait for 5 minutes.
Serve Hot.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Salija Prakash, thank you for stopping to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Your recipe looks very delicious.In fact im almost similar to u;came to US,learned to cook and also like to share.same attitude haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey good one.Will try it sure.Since my husband use oats daily , i will try this different recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey good one and thankx , will try it and let u know how it came for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,this recipe is perfect,I tried it and it came out well.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all your photos and this upma I will definitely give a try....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one and looks healthy. Would definitely give a try.

    Checkout mine when time permits.
    http://aaha-oho.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure this article has touched all the internet viewers, its really really fastidious paragraph on building up new website.



    My website: binary options systems

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts