Monday, December 10, 2007

Plain Cake


I should really thank my friend Kalyani. I learnt no. of recipes and cooking tips from her. I share almost everything with her. In the conversation she suggests me why cant you try like this like that ... I benefited so much from her. Thank You Kalyani.

It is very easy to prepare. The only thing you need to have a oven. It is just mixing all the ingredients one by one and baking. Very simple to make ... isn't it? Try it.

Learnt From: My friend Kalyani

Makes: 8 pieces of that size. You can make big or small.

Ingredients:

Eggs --- 3 ( 2/3 cup)
Butter --- 1 stick (2/3 cup after melting)
Sugar --- 2/3 cup
Maida / All purpose flour --- 2/3 cup
Baking powder --- a pinch
Vanilla extract /essence --- 2 drops





Process:

Break 3 eggs.


Beat the eggs finely with beater or with a spoon.


Melt a butter stick. Add that melted butter to the beaten eggs.


Beat finely.


Add sugar.


Beat finely.


Add Maida flour and a pinch of baking powder.


Beat finely.
Finally add 2 drops of vanilla essence.


Beat finely.
If you have anything inside the oven … remove all of them.
Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees fahrenheit and bake.
In the meanwhile, grease the cake pan with ghee or butter.
Pour the batter on it.


When the oven is at bake and 375 degrees heat (when the red light of the oven turn off), place the cake pan in which you have poured the batter on the bottom grill of the oven.


Keep it for 12-15 minutes.
When you insert a knife to the cake it should come out clean without sticking any batter to it. The cleaned knife is the indication that the cake baked properly.
Remove the cake pan carefully from the oven.
Place a plate reversely on the cake pan … hold cake pan and plate both of the edges with two hands and do upside down.


The bottom of the cake falls on the top.
Reverse the cake gently.


Cut the cake according to your choice.



Have it.

10 comments:

  1. Hi sailu,
    It looks simply delicious. Very nice presentation and beautiful pictures.I will surely try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice step by step explanation. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi

    it's really nice way of explaination.I never felt i can bake cake so nicely

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi .........thanx Sailu 4 this great plain cake recipe...i'll definitely try this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    My son has milk allergies and I tried the cake with canola oil instead of butter, it came out great, thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cake is very good but can you put less butter for health reasons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You so much.

    Yes, you can lessen the amount of butter to some extent.

    If you reduce more the cake won't be tht soft. But the taste will be the same.

    I will try again and tell you till wht extent you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I tried this cake by using cup cake pan and it turned out to be great. My 4 yrs old son was very happy to see cup cake in his lunch box...

    This is very easy to cook. Thank you very much for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sailaja, I've been looking for recipe since ages now n have always failed in baking a cake... Today, I found this on search n even baked it... It's just awesome n henceforth, I shall be using this as the base for all the cakes n pastries.... Thanks a ton... Keep posting more ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts