Thursday, August 2, 2007

Ravva Dosa

To make ravva dosa first you should have a good pan. If you make chapathis or pulkas on that pan, Ravva dosas won't come properly. Earlier I used to use "Kanchan's non-stick griddle with a light hollow at the center, which is shown in the picture. With that Ravva Dosas used to come over excellent. I used the same griddle for chapathis daily and spoilt that one. When I was using that pan I used to soak the batter for 30 minutes. and I never used to grease that before making the dosa. Directly I used to pour the batter on the heated griddle. Now I got one more griddle from India which is flat. For this I am soaking the batter overnight and I am greasing the griddle with oil before pouring the batter on the griddle. This is all my experience.


So to make good and nice ravva dosas first you should have a good griddle.

Recipe Source:

From my mom.

Ingredients:

Bombai Ravva --- 1 cup
Maida Flour --- 1 cup
Rice Flour --- 1 cup
Water --- 7 cups
Ginger --- 3 inch piece
Cumin Seeds --- 1 1/2 tsp
Salt --- to taste


Pre-requisite:

Take a deep bowl to make this batter.
Add Sooji, Rice Flour and Maida Flour in equal ratio into the bowl.
Pour 3 cups of water.
Mix it with whisk which prevents from forming lumps and it takes 2 seconds of ur time.
Then add 3-4 cups water to liquefy.
Add Salt to taste.
Peel and chop ginger into small pieces and add it to the batter.
Add Cumin Seed into the batter.
Let the batter be Soaked for an hour - 2 hrs.
These days I am making this batter at night itself and soaking that overnight for morning break fast.


Process:

Heat the Frying Pan.
Grease it with oil.
 Pour the Batter with Ladle around the pan ---- the Batter should slope down-ward into the middle of the pan. ( The batter should spread thinly and evenly onto the griddle). (You should not make an attempt to spread the batter) (It should spread on its own).
If you have a flat griddle, just pour the batter on the pan to make a round shape.
The holes on the dosa forms themselves.




Try to notice the liquid evaporates and becomes solid-kind. Add 1/2 a tsp of oil through out the rims of the dosa and little on the top of the dosa.
After enough frying… when you try to see the downer part of the dosa is golden brown with the help of a  spatula a little then reverse (flip over) the dosa on the frying pan.




Let it fry for a while till the other side of dosa cooks too.
Flip over the dosa and fold it to half.
Remove it from the Frying pan to serve.
Tomato pickle or Ginger-pickle or Channa-Coconut-Chuntney goes well with this dosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts