Monday, August 6, 2007

Cluster Beans Curry / Gooru Chikkulla Kura



Actually I don’t like cluster beans. But preparing in this way I can have… not only having I like this curry now. All the credit goes to my husband… coz my husband taught this curry how to prepare. Cluster beans is very good for health too. So I should thank my husband coz of him only I started eating this one.

Health point of view:

Cluster beans is very good for digestion. These are with low calories which is very effective in lowering the blood sugar and cholesterol levels. So diabetics, heart patients should take cluster beans very often.

Learnt From:

I learnt this curry from my husband.

Ingredients:

Cluster beans

Tomatoes --- 1 Large one
Onions --- 1/4 th of the big one
Green chilies

For Seasoning:

Urad dal
Mustard seeds
Cumin seeds
Red chilly
Curry leaves

Process:

Pluck the head and tail of cluster beans with bare hand into small pieces without any stings.

Clean them with water.
Take a pressure cooker and add cleaned cluster beans, water, salt & a pinch of turmeric powder.
Keep it for 3 whistles.
Wait until the pressure goes away to remove the whistle.
In the meanwhile, chop Green chilies, Onions and tomatoes.
When the pressure goes away … remove the lid and drain the water.




Heat 5 spoons of oil in a deep pan.
Add and toast seasoning one by one like… urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilly and curry leaves.



Add chopped green chilies and fry them for a while.
Add chopped onions and fry till they turn to transparent colour.



Add chopped tomatoes to the pan.


Cover the pan with lid.
Cook the tomatoes till they done.
Add one spoon of Tomato puree. (optional)



Add salt for onions and tomatoes.
Add the cooked cluster beans to the pan.


Cook them for 5 minutes along with the onions and tomatoes.
Add red chilly powder and keep it for a while to lose the rawness of red chilly powder.
Turn the heat off.
Transfer the cluster beans with tomatoes to a serving bowl.

Good with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank You for going through my blog and taking time to leave your response.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

My Other Blogs & Their Recent Posts